Still recovering a bit from this weekend, we’ve had a terrific WordCamp, and our Contributor Day is still going on for a couple more hours.
In the next couple days, I’ll have a wrap-up post and publish where our finances were, as well as a look to where we’re hoping to be next year.
Don’t want to wait a whole extra year for an awesome community experience? WordCamp Philly is just around the corner in June! Eager to hone your speaking skills in front of small groups and maybe pitch a talk next year? We’re always looking for people willing to run a session at the Lancaster WordPress Meetup Group.
A huge thank you to both of our WordCamp Champion Sponsors, CodePoet and Dreamhost, without whom this awesome weekend wouldn’t have been possible.
A couple reminders for tomorrow (and Sunday, if you’ll be joining us for the Contributor Day)
- Parking! There is a bright, shiny, new parking garage less than a half block away, around 201 North Queen Street. Super easy to get to, and in the same building as the Federal Taphouse.
- Registration will start around 8. We’ll have the donuts ready. 🙂
- Opening remarks are 8:45, with the first talk beginning at 9am.
- Lunch will be done via vouchers — instead of catering a one-size-fits-all lunch, we’ve partnered with 7 nearby restaurants (Commonwealth on Queen, The Fractured Prune, Mucho Mexico, Spyro Gyros, Subway, The Federal Taphouse, and The Seed) to offer all attendees a $10 voucher lunch. Pick where you’d like to eat, and explore downtown Lancaster!
- 6 of the 7 restaurants are within a half block of our venue. The seventh is The Seed, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, which is a little under two block away.
- There will be a two-hour break between closing remarks and the afterparty. Get some dinner, call your loved ones, catch a breather, and meet us around 7pm at Commonwealth on Queen, 301 North Queen Street.
- The Contributor Day on Sunday will be at The Candy Factory coworking space, at 323 North Queen Street, from 11am to 5pm. Come for part, come for all, totally up to you! We’ll be covering the basics of how to contribute both to core and the community at large, how to use Trac (our bug-tracking system), as well as accessibility audits and making WordPress as usable by as many people as possible.
Thanks everyone, and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Also, a special thank-you to our WordCamp Pillar-level sponsors, MediaTemple and Bluehost! We wouldn’t be able to pull this off without your kind generosity and giving back to the WordPress community at large.
Bundle up and stay warm, everyone!
We’ve just put our Speaker List and Schedule online, so feel free to start ordering tickets!
If you’re a speaker, sponsor, or volunteer, we’ll be in touch separately about getting you your tickets! 🙂
Howdy, all! We’ve just closed speaker applications over the weekend, and we will have the speaker schedule and ticket purchase forms both posted on Friday of this week!
Major thanks to all who applied, we wish we had enough room and time to accept you all!